BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Oh What A DAY!

What a yucky day. It was raining like crazy this morning. At the preschool, we unload children from their cars from 7:30 am - 8:15 am. Their nasty cars are an entire story for another day, but you get the idea. I am outside in the rain with the nasty cars. They smell bad enough without adding the rainy weather to it, GROSS! My printer/fax stopped working on Friday. I hoped it would just start working again but it didn't. I went to Darlene's house to print off the things I needed. In the two minutes that I was gone, Ms. Sara (she's 72, and Cuban with a very strong accent) set the sprinker system off in the kitchen. Apparently the sprinkler valve has a tag that was stuck in the grill on the back of the freezer. She moved the freezer to mop, Lord only knows why, she hasn't done it for 10 years but she just had to mop behind it today. You would not believe how much water came out of that thing, in the few seconds it took to get the valve closed. The cabinets and drawers had at least two inches of water in them. Sara already had lunch prepared sitting on the cabinet and it all got soaked. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. I called Dominos Pizza and started throwing stuff away. I called our pastor to come help. Darlene actually enjoyed this misfortunate opportunity to clean Ms. Sara's kitchen. We are all a little afraid of her. Darlene sent her home to bathe and began pulling stuff out of the cabinets and getting rid of it. When TR, our pastor, showed up he had this chrome platted shop vac that would make any man jealous, I really liked it myself, chrome and big tires. He sucked all that water up in no time. So the heck with painting tonight, Wildfire comes on at 8 pm on ABC family so I'm going to eat and take a long, hot bath!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!! I cant believe that happened! I can only imagine. Bright side is the kitchen is cleaner. But what a crummy way to start off the week.