BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Heather

Heather is such an incredible person. She and her husband Wes came to the school to enroll their daughter Alyssa three years ago. As a young married couple, they were both attending North Georgia College at the same time. Wes was also in the Marines, maybe the Reserves, and went out of town every fourth weekend. Heather started working in the three year old classroom between college classes. She soon became pregnant with their second child, Jac. She quit school and began working full time to help Wes finish school and take care of her children. We constantly invited them to church to no avail. As a young mother and wife, she had quite a few personal struggles that we saw being around her all day. She is a great teacher but I thought she had post partum depression. I asked her about it and of course she fell apart. Sometimes I should really keep my mouth shut! I continued to pray for her and Wes and continued to invite them to church. They both had been in church their entire lives but hadn't found one in Dahlonega. Her job performance began to go down hill, Wes graduated and couldn't find a job with his degree. They truely love one another but needed God's intervention. Wes is without work and she's making minimum wage trying to support their family. By God's grace, she hung in there. I know that she has no earthly idea what a strong person she is. She and Wes finally visited our church. Then we would see them every few weeks. She finally brought the kids to Awana and began doing the ladies bible study with us. Wes got his real estate license and picked up some business, Heather returned to the great teacher that she was and they seem to be moving right along. Heather was able to return to school part time but still needed to work. I was between office help, that's an on-going problem with me, and I needed someone as bad as Heather needed to work. Darlene and I decided to try Heather in the office. We have never pulled someone from the center to put in a management position. What a smart decision that was. She is too humble to be on a power trip, but is firm enough to take care of any problem that arises and not question herself. She is able to go the school full time and work about 30 hours a week. They are still coming to church. Wes makes the announcements on Sunday mornings and takes care of the atheletics while Heather is over Awana and Vacation Bible School. She is also reading her everyday bible right along with me. She does so much for me at work. She actually works circles around me any day! It doesn't matter what I ask her to do, she just does it. I can clean everything off of my desk and put it on hers and she doesn't complain, she puts the stuff away. And she even checks the mail, she really enjoys this even in the cold rain. How bizarre is that? Heather is crafty, makes Annie lots of pretty hairbows, she is sweet, kind, beautiful, wonderful mother, and I think shes a pretty good wife Wes may disagree. Lucky for me, I have her for a friend and co-worker. Now that I think about it, she takes really good care of me. I appreciate her so much and everything she does! I pray that God will continue to pour His blessings on her. And if you need someone to sing the National Anthem for some reason, that's her dream in life. I've only heard her sing a song about son of a preacher man, so I don't know waht her singing really sounds like. I just adore her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%! We should just make a national Heather Day!!
I love her too..I miss you all.
~tammy~
I can not figure how to sign my identity on comments it tells me I have the wrong name and password. However it is the one I used to sign in with.

Anonymous said...

I would call you right now...but I am in tears! You are too nice to me and I do not deserve it! Thank you so much for the opportunity to work so closly with you and also to be your friend. You truly are the rock that I lean on. I know that if I ever have a problem...just go to you. Your words of advice over the past four years have often times made me fighting mad but were always RIGHT! I love you to death and I hope that I continue to do what you need/want me to do. I have never taken so much pride in a job and have never wanted to work as much as I do at DCD. I love what you guys have done for me and I could never repay you for the opportunity! You have the kindest heart of anyone I know. I love you Melissa! Heather