I can't believe school starts on Thursday. We really haven't had a summer. Both kids went to Perry for a few days but that's all. I at least try to take them to Pigeon Forge for a few days but we haven't got to go anywhere. The summers are really tough for me at work. I have so much happening that it is almost impossible to take a day off. I had planned to take a long weekend and go to Jacksonville, of course that didn't work out either. Hopefully we can do something fall break. That's in October. The kids want to go to Las Vegas over Christmas break. We will see what happens.
I took grandma shopping on Saturday. Mom and the kids rode with me. Mom and Annie stayed with Papa, Brance went with us. I took grandma to BJ's she didn't want to show, she just wanted to add me to her club membership. That works for me. I bought some of the same items I buy at Costco without the $50 fee. Mom feels great, she just looks like a raccoon. She goes back to the doctor on Friday to get her stitches checked.
Ricky's aunt died so we went to the funeral yesterday. Nimblewill Baptist Church is very country. The founding families still attend. Right after we married, Ricky's nephews and niece were in the Christmas play. It was on a freezing Friday night, I remember it being really cold because I wore dressy boots and black slacks with a pretty Christmas sweater. I didn't know you couldn't wear slacks to church. Ricky's mom was mortified to put it nicely. She said I humiliated her in front of her friends and church family. How was I to know? Anyway, Ricky and I haven't been back except for a few funerals. Yesterday it was 95 degrees. I met Ricky at the church because I had to drop the kids of at a friends. My friend Lori kept the kids. She attends Nimblewill Baptist Church. I asked her if I could take a bottle of water in the church for Ricky because it was so hot. She said no way, we don't take water in the church. She made me feel crazy for asking. Anyway, you can't wear pants or take in a bottle of water even when its 95 degrees and the air isn't the greatest. I'm sitting in the parking lot under a tree waiting for Ricky when I see four men, yes four men on the church porch smoking cigarettes. One of them is a preacher. What's up with that? Talk about being disrespectful! I can't figure that out. Only in Lumpkin County.
I need to get busy ironing my clothes. I have pre-k orientation tonight and tomorrow night at 5 pm, after my 5 pm meeting today , I have to go over to Head Start for an after school care meeting at 6:30 pm. Annie has a softball party at 6 pm that Ricky said he would take her to. Tomorrow Brance and I both have dentist appointments. I don't have time this week to buy anything for school or groceries.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Where had our summer gone?
Posted by Melissa at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment