It's that time of year that I say "I hate pre-k!". Pre-k drives me crazy. It's a good thing I'm a little afraid of alcohol or I would sure pull a weekend bender. We have lost and replaced about 10 kids in less than five days. The 60 that I have enrolled all have a reason to complain about something. 20 of these pre-kers parents have paid full childcare for at least three years, now that there are getting "free care" in pre-k, they want to complain. I am so sick of cry baby parents that I can't see straight. Today I had a grandparent come by that I have never met to tell me how to run the program as well as numerous parents and kids that wanted to visit their teacher (we don't do that) before tomorrow. We had a lady call at least two weeks ago for a three year old spot. At the time we had one available. She showed up today and got mad and left because we were full and we told her two weeks ago we had a spot. She was also mad because I would not stop what I was doing and give her a tour of the school. It was nap time, I was laminating and sucking down my lunch so I could make it to a 1 pm appointment. She came about 12:45 pm. I think these folks live under a rock most of the time.
Brance had middle school open house last night. He is excited but nervous. He has exploring China as an elective class for nine weeks. China? Who would have thought it. I drive the preschool bus in the morning and afternoons to Annie's school to transport kids so that leaves Brance riding the big bus. Darlene's husband Jeff teaches at the high school so he offered to take Brance with him and Susannah (Darlene's youngest child also in middle school) every day. I am so relieved. Tomorrow Amy (the middle child she is 22) is going to take Brance and Susannah to breakfast then to school. He is really happy, he loves Amy and Susannah so much. Annie had open house today, she has a young teacher that I like, Annie thinks she's mean.
We ate supper at mom's she had just taken a squash dressing out of the oven when we left the elementary school so we went straight over there. It sure was good. I have laundry going, the kids and I are bathed and lights will be out at 7:30 pm. I love having a school routine. We had a 8 pm softball game last and a 7 pm game tomorrow.
Oh, I almost forgot, Ernie Haase and Signature Sound are in Cumming on Friday night. I'm four rows from the front! Annie doesn't want to go so I'm taking Heather from work.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Where do I start?
Posted by Melissa at 6:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment