BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ready to start the week

I can't believe it is Sunday already. We skipped church today. Mom and I took the kids to the Croy reunion, that's my papa's side of the family. He is the only sibling left. Can you imagine out living all your brothers and sisters? It was really nice, I spent most the time with my cousin Kelly and her friend Maggie. They are really sweet.

So about my weekend. I'll start with Friday. About 5:30 pm a car crashed into a tree in my front yard and ejected two of its occupants, killing them in my front yard. Apparently speed and a little alcohol can do that to you. What an ordeal. Ricky and I walked out to see what was happening, we told the kids to stay in the house with Beulah. Brance called me on Ricky's cell phone to find out the scoop. He and Annie were hanging out his second story bedroom window with his binoculars checking it out for themselves. The bodies remained in my front yard for nearly three hours. The car was finally removed about 9:30 pm. My front yard and drive way look like Grand Central Station. Everybody in North Georgia is riding out to check out the "crime scene". The Georgia State Patrol called it a crime scene. On Friday we couldn't use the driveway until they finished laying out their reenactment. Lots of orange paint and flags. There is yellow crime scene tape around the trees. The road we live on is a state highway so it was shut down for more than four hours also. The GSP told me they would be back out here Monday and Tuesday and possibly more. They would shut the road down again to reenact the entire screen. Because the driver of the car lived, it is a prosecutable case. My kids have talked a lot about the ordeal, but more about drinking and driving. I was afraid they would have nightmares but so far, so good.

My brother and his wife had their baby on Thursday. Jacob Michael is three weeks early at 10 pounds and 22 inches. Mom and I took Brance and Annie to Warner Robins yesterday to see him. He is beautiful but HUGE! Brandi was her sweet self, I think she is pretty miserable. She needed a c-section and didn't get one. She has since received two pints of blood and not much rest. Michael has turned into this nurturing unbelievable person. He has always had a good heart, just something is different.

I'm sure I won't see them again until Christmas, then I have to divide the time up with Hayden and Walker also.

I hear the kids downstairs tearing the house down. It's time to intervene.

0 comments: