What a way my week has started. We have 60 pre-kers. 50 of these kids have not been in care before now. They have stayed home with mom or grandma. Trying to get them away from their momma's is heartbreaking. I generally unload them in the morning at the door by myself. On Tuesday, I got kicked by three separate kids, I drug one into the building before his mother ran over both of us with her car, and another one kicked me and hit while she told me she hated me until I took her into her room. And the third just laid down and yelled for 40 minutes. I am totally exhausted before 8:30 am. My arm is hurting so bad I'm sure the skin is the only thing keeping it attached. The doctor gave me this brace to wear that is so big it would fit a 500 pound man, I asked for a pediatric brace but they don't come in pediatric sizes. Yeah, right. They gave me a pediatric blood pressure cuff both times I was in labor, why not a brace that actually fits. Needless to say, I'm not wearing the brace.
Today was a lot better. The two boys got out of their cars willingly and the little girl told me good morning when I opened her car door. Much, much better. We still have those typical first time away from their momma kids, but mostly, they are a pretty good group. Michelle, the other bus driver cut her thumb last week on a candy lid and cut her tendon in two. She had surgery Monday and probably won't be back until next week. I've had to drive am and pm. I'm really sick of that. Did you know it's probably more than 100 degrees on that bus when I'm sitting in school parking lot. Today I got so sleepy waiting for school to dismiss that I almost went to sleep. Can you imagine those kids finding me dead while I was waiting for them? Yuck! Being a director isn't a very glamorous job, regardless of the pay. Ms. Sara was out two days last week and I had to cook for 125 kids. Maybe I should look for another job!
We had a church softball game last night at 9 pm. On the way to the game I noticed Annie had tape on her Crocs. She cut the straps at school yesterday because she was bored. She has to sweep the house to work off the money I paid for them. She wasn't so happy about that. Maybe she will learn to take a book to read or something.
I think I have just enough time to get a nap before Ricky comes home. It looks a little rainy outside and I saw his truck at the gas station when I came by in the bus so he is probably at the shop lolly gagging around. He doesn't have time to start anything today.
My brother's wife is being induced in the morning at 4 am. Maybe we will have a new baby tomorrow. The first Morris since my brother was born. My dad and my brother are the only Morris'. Michelle has three kids and me two, but none with the Morris last name. Michael is planning to name his baby Jacob Wayne after my daddy or Jacob Michael after himself. I asked if I could call him JW or JM like I call James Brian, JB and he said NO! We would call him Jake. Jake's a dog name. Anyway I said okay Jake the snake and he said no again. Jake the "Super Snake". I knew a car would be involved in this one way or another. Its a good thing he isn't having a little girl or he would probably name her Carol Shelby!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Hump Day, two days to go...
Posted by Melissa at 4:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
First of all I am so glad my children didn't EVER have seperation anxiety, i can't spell OK. Second, can't you blog something nice and happy not how terrible everything is! Third, I thought you had learned your lesson with Annie and the scissors. Whatever she has about cutting has to have some fancy name like piromanic, for burning! Lastly, why didn't you just order 125 kids meals. They come with a drink! I love ya. M
Post a Comment