That's right, 260 pounds of trash that I hauled to the dump this morning. It wasn't kitchen garbage, it was broken toys, broken appliances, things that don't work that we cannot part with. I started at 6:45 am hauling junk outside to Ricky's truck. Finally at 8 am he came out and loaded the truck for me. He got home a little after 2 am from work. He said he liked the third shift, it wasn't hot, there wasn't any traffic and only a hand full of workers. His brother went with him also. When I got to the dump, actually it's called the transfer station now, I weighed the truck on the scale before and after "transferring" my trash. Can you believe I had 260 pounds worth? You can't really tell I took anything from the house either.
Ricky went to a bow tournament in Blue Ridge with some of his friends. The kids and I took his truck to be serviced and washed. I took a bag of my books to the Hall Book Exchange. I got a $50 credit for them. I also took another bag with some of my mom's and she got a $30 credit. That was worth the trip to Gainesville.
I want to try to take a nap before Ricky gets home. I didn't go to sleep until after 2 am when he came in, then I was up about 6 am to let Beulah out.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
260 pounds of trash
Posted by Melissa at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment