BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rainy Day

When I came home last night Ricky finally had concrete poured for his garage. YIPPY! So he started his morning very early at Home Depot buying lumber to build. My mom, Annie and I went to my grandmas. We picked up my grandmas sister on the way, Magalene who is 89 years old, my mom took both ladies to Duluth to see their little brother Frank in the hospice center where he is preparing to meet his maker. I picked up Papa after several minutes of arguing with my grandma, she wanted him to stay at home alone (he is 87, she is 83) and took him to Adiarsville with me to look at tile. Believe it or not I found some in less than 30 minutes. Papa and Annie waited in the car. Poor Papa, Annie was studying her Social Studies so she read it aloud to him. She was pretty excited to learn that he was 20 years old when he served in WWII and had lived through most of the stuff in her book. Now she thinks hes famous. $1000 and 2100 pounds later we went to Wendy's for lunch. This little old lady in line ahead of us was by herself, she looked at Papa and smiled then asked me was he my daddy. I told her no, he was my grandaddy but now wish I would have told her he was my husband! Noisy old bat!

When I got back to gmas house, I had time to dig in her hamper and wash two loads of clothes. This really frustrates her. I find it funny! Papa is easily entertained and this was entertaining to him watching me do the laundry. Gma feels like she is helpless whenever I try to do something for her. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her I do it because I want too, she still sees it as being helpless and she doesn't want to be a burden to her children and especially not her grandchildren. I am the favorite grandchild. Whenever my sister comes up to see our grandparents she tries to be the favorite. I tell them its okay to let her think shes the favorite because I want her to feel good while shes there, Papa loves it when Michelle and I act silly like this. A few weeks ago, Gma had been in the hospital with a blood clot in her leg. The very next week, Michelle dropped Brian off at the car sale and she and JB went to visit our grandparents. She felt really good thinking she was the favorite, I let her believe it. After doing the laundry, I'm back on top!

Ricky got three of his walls framed up today. He had Dillon, his 12 year old nephew and Brance helping him. They had a lot of fun and got a lot done.

Well I have about 10 pages left in my book, I'm reading a funny series about nerds. It won't be long until I can go to bed. Annie has decided that we are having family fun night every Saturday so she has Alvin and the Chipmunks in the dvd waiting for us to sit down with her.

0 comments: