BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

Ricky left at 4 am Friday morning for a boys trip to Mississippi for an archery tournament. We expect he will be home sometime late tonight. Friday night the kids and I all went to bed about 9 pm, I slept so good! I could not get out of the bed at 9 am the next morning. That is like a first for me ever. As much as I love Ricky I would rather sleep by myself anyday. Beulah slept with the kids so I had the bed all to myself. Yesterday Brance got his haircut and we went over to Play It Again Sports to get Brance a catchers helmet. My children will not share a helmet with another child. Anyway Brance also had to have a cup! What do I know about buying a cup? The sales guy was really quick to help Brance, thank the Lord! We ate at Texas Roadhouse and then stopped at the 25 cent ice cream cone place for an ice cream.

Once we got home I took a nap. I could have slept all day! Anyway I did get up pretty late in the afternoon to do some laundry. I'm sure Ricky expects that we will have done something this weekend besides be couch potatoes. Brance and Beulah had been outside running around for a while, when Brance came in the front door and shut it some of the glass fell out! My $2500 door has two large cracks in it. One of the cracks has been there for a long time, I didn't even know there was a second crack. I got the glass cleaned up and duck tapped the cracks on both sides. When I drop Brance off at youth today I'm going to Home Depot to buy a cheap door to replace my front door for now. I will call the guy in Acworth that made my door and see if it is possible to repair the two cracked places. I don't want to take it down until I can take it to be repaired. It looks a little "you might be a redneck" right now. However I am pretty proud of myself for using duck tape to fix it!

I didn't change my clock last night so we were rushing to get to church this morning. I like to lay around and read for a little while before I get up and I didn't get to do that this morning. We do have the kitchen cleaned up and some laundry going. Ricky hasn't called to say he was on his way yet so I know I still have eight hours before he gets home.

0 comments: