We're back from church, Ricky and Brance went to the Motorsports store in Dawsonville to return some clothes Ricky bought Brance yesterday. We are leaving at 1:45 pm to go to Suches. Darlene's parents live there. Against my wishes, they are giving Darlene a surprise 50th birthday. She is not going to be happy! The worst part is that her daddy has arranged a hearse to pick her up at 2:00 pm from her house. She thinks her parents are driving down in a classic Chevy they have to take her to lunch. Little does she know. I begged her parents not to do this. Brance and Annie think they can swim all day since there is an indoor pool at their house. It is stormy outside and the kids don't understand it doesn't matter if your outside or inside if it is lightening. I'll try to remember to take my camera. The entire Woody family will be there. They love us and treat us so well. Ricky doesn't like visiting with everybody and he doesn't always remember their names. Granny Woody will be there. She is 93 and so funny. She likes to talk about sex. She finds ways to corner Darlene and ask her questions. Darlene gets really embarrassed, I just think it is funny. I have seen her 900 times in the last ten years. She always acts like she doesn't know who I am. Last fall Ricky and I went to Chattanooga (that's where the Woodys live) with Jeff, Darlene and her parents. We meet the family with Granny for dinner. When Granny walked in she hugged Darlene and called her Sally Jane. She didn't even acknowledge it was Darlene. She saw Ricky and I sitting in the booth with Jeff. She pushed past "Sally Jane" and walked right over to our booth and said, "Melissa and Ricky it is so good to see both of you up here!" Darlene had her feelings hurt but everybody else laughed. She doesn't always like Darlene because she is the oldest grandchild and Granny didn't want to be a grandmother. She will be a little put out today because the party isn't about her.
I only have an hour to get our stuff together and I don't even have a present for the party. Darlene's birthday isn't until Wednesday so maybe I'll wait.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Sunday
Posted by Melissa at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment