

This first picture is Annie by the indoor pool. As you can see Darlene had a nice limo ride up the mountain. She had no idea the limo would be a hearse with the grim reaper driving. She was horrified. There were about 30 of us total. We lined up the drive way with kleenex as if we were mourning her. As soon as she got out of the car she called my name because she thought I was responsible for this. I was not! The third picture is Darlene, the limo drive, her daddy (Ga), Susannah (13) and Amy (22). I told Darlene I thought is was funny she choose to wear black for the party. Ga grilled my favorite pork tenderloin on redwood, Gram made baked beans, the best you have ever eaten, Jennifer (married to Darlene's cousin) made potato salad. I'm sure Jennifers potato salad is the best. I love my mom's but Jennifers is great. There were plenty of other items, but these were the important ones. Of course homemade cake and ice cream. YUM!
Annie wanted to swim but I was ready to come home. It's one of those infinity pools were you swim into the current. Darlene invites me to go swim with her. I don't even use her heated pool, I don't want to drive to Suches to swim against the current. That would wear me out. If you don't know about Suches it is North of Dahlonega about 10 miles straight up a curvy mountain. The car ride makes me sick even if I drive. It takes about 45 minutes to get there from my house. I don't want to drive 45 minutes to swim when Darlene's house is 5 minutes and I don't swim there.
Wow, two blogs in one day. Enough from me...
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Darlene's Surprise Party
Posted by Melissa at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment