BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Construction Again!

I swear it never ends! Ricky has worked really hard to get bead board put up in the hallway from the back door into the kitchen. He is waiting on me to paint the wall before he puts up the trim piece on top of the bead board. He is also waiting for me to paint the shoe mold to put down in the kitchen on top of the tile. I've decided I really don't like to paint. My kitchen table is still sitting in the middle of the living room. The house garage looks like a tornado has hit it. All the construction things are in there and in the new garage. We can't get the top floor of the garage finished so that we can move the extra materials out of the bottom to move the good stuff inside. This evening we went to the backyard to lay off the size for a swimming pool. That is something we are desperately researching and trying to decide the best deal for us.

Ricky signed up to play church league softball. The league requires five girls on the field at all times. Our church didn't have enough so Ricky is making me play. I'm glad you think it is as funny as I do. The only thing I have ever hit with a bat was our Irish Setter puppy Rusty when I was about 7 years old. Ricky and Brance made be practice in the yard last night. Would you believe Ricky pitched balls to me for 15 minutes and I only missed two! I was shocked. I can actually hit the ball pretty hard. Ricky said several of my hits would get me a base hit if I can run fast. He also said I can't wear Birkenstocks or Crocs I will have to wear tennis shoes. That pretty much took the fun out of it for me. I can run fast in my Crocs!

Brance and Annie both came home today and took a nap. I took time to tan before I went outside with my husband. He was real sweet and told me I stink. I still cooked supper after that. I cooked on Friday too. I ordered a lot of stuff from Schwanns so cooking every night is easy. On Friday I made beef tips and gravy, it comes in a bag you boil. It is really good though and you put it on rice. Ricky said it was really good and asked me what it was called. I told him it was beef medallions in brown sauce on a bed of white rice. Doesn't that sound real fancy? You should have seen the look he gave me. I was so fancy, I left the pot on simmer all night. When I got up Sunday morning the "brown sauce" had cooked to a charred crisp in the bottom of my favorite sauce pan. By God's grace I didn't burn the house down. Do you think its considered arson if you leave a pan on the stove all night long and your house burns down? Well it would be for me because I said something about it. I think that's classified as premeditated. Maybe I shouldn't share so much information.

I'm going downstairs to watch the UGA baseball World Series game with the boys.

0 comments: