Easter Sunday, I think Easter may be my favorite holiday of them all. Everybody just celebrates Jesus without any hassle or shopping or as I like to say commericalization if that is even a word. I was very suprised to see that a lot of stores were closed today and the entire Town Center Mall was closed, I love it!
Ricky's grandma isn't in the best health so it was important to Ricky to spend Easter with her. The kids wanted to go with him and that worked fine for me. After church we came home and I went to my Aunt Peggy's with mom, no kids! WOW! Ricky's cousin lives just down the road from my grandma and she doesn't come up very often but was able to make it today. Ricky's brother and sister, their spouses and all their kids were there. I was the only one missing. They ate, hunted eggs and played ball in the yard. The kids really had fun.
Lunch at Peggy's was nice. Keith and Scott came with their families but that was really it for kids. It was nice and quiet, I do enjoy that sometimes.
Why do families only get together on holidays? Why can't we just celebrate one another at some designated time each year so that nobody feels rushed? Actually that sounds like a really good idea. I think my siblings are going to get a family letter all about that.
The kids are upstairs watching a movie, Ricky is lying on the sofa and I'm just about ready to go to bed. I've been reading a Lisa Jackson book that's a little scary.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
He is Risen
Posted by Melissa at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
how about just the siblings get together and leave the grandchildren with the grandparents!
Post a Comment