one little boy! What has happened to my Brance? I was pretty sure that starting middle school this year, 6th grade, would be a whole new experience for him but little did I know that aliens would take over his body. I am so confused that I don't know what to do. It has continued to keep all a's, however he does his school work but it doesn't turn it in. He gets in trouble at school for being the class clown, Lord on knows where he gets that from, and is up to about 30 days of silent lunch. Annie bugs him but he is always picking at her. On the way home today he threw her brand new Easter shoes out the window on Hwy 52! I was furious, they landed almost to the bridge in the curve so it was impossible to attempt to get them I would get hit by a car. I called Ricky and by just happened to be two cars behind me. I got turned around and he slowed down traffic long enough for Brance to get out of the car and pick them up off the side of the road. What in the world possessed him to do such a thing? I don't know what to do with him. For nine years Annie has kept me on my toes, well now Brance is taking over for her, I need nerve medication.
We have had a really slow week this week at the preschool with most kids on spring break. Why do kids think they get a vacation just because they are out of school for a few days. Out of 124 full time enrollment we have averaged 30 kids per day. I expect tomorrow and Friday will be fuller as their parents want to get some things done before they go back to work on Monday. The kids don't go back until Tuesday.
Ricky's grandma isn't doing so well so I think Ricky and the kids are going to have Easter with her while I go to Peggy's with my mom and grandma. Sounds to me like I will have a pretty good day. Well Ricky and I are going to ride up to see his grandma so that's all for now.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
FREE to good home
Posted by Melissa at 4:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's been a full moon this week. Do you think that has affected him too? I feel for you. Seem to remember Cara going through the "not turning in work" thing with Andrew in 6th grade. Don't know if it's gotten better or not, but he still lives at home :) GOOD LUCK!!! I'm definitely dreading 6th grade for Miss Taylor next year.
Cindy B
Your description of Brance sounds EXACTLY like Kyle - except he's in 8th grade. Though, this has been going on for some time and his not-turning-stuff-in landed him a big fat F on his last progress report. He is also NOTORIOUS for being the class clown and has had his fair share of ISS because of it. It's definitely the age, I promise. Kyle has his moments of doing just fine, bringing home A's, good behaviour, and then it cycles again - teacher phone calls/e-mails, acting up just in general, etc. All you can do is continue to reinforce that their behavior has has a consequence (whether positive or negative) and that they have to be accountable for what they've done. Further, their behavior effects EVERYONE. It'll get better - it may just take some time.
-- Cousin Kel
its called puberty.
ask my mom about how wonderful the next 5+ years are going to bec
Post a Comment