Sunday Funday at my house. Our attendance was low at church this morning but the music was great! Jeff sang "Bow on my Knees and Cry Holy", it was incredible! We came home after church and haven't left all day. Ricky didn't even go to the woods! Brance has his entire room cleaned out waiting for his new floor, which is months away. Annie worked in her clothes closet for an hour and a half, I know because I sat on her bed the entire time cheering her on. I don't know how in the world her closet gets in the mess it is. She pulled out a lot of clothes that don't fit. Some of the pants she got for Christmas last year that she wore into the spring are several inches too short. I really think she is built like Ricky's sister Karen. Annie's body is very stocky, no fat at all and very muscular. It is impossible to find pants to fit her jeans are totally out. Luckily she likes skirts because she can wear them with leggings all year long. She also wears her clothes on her hips like a boy that makes it even harder to find things to fit her.
I'm watching Hemphill Brothers on RFDTV. The Hemphills were a gospel singing family that we used to go see when they were around Atlanta. Trent the youngest was a "dream boat", I was probably 8 or 10. Anyway they started a motor coach company in 1980. Every once in a while I'll see something about them on RFDTV, tonight is one of the nights. Trent and his brother Joey have really aged but Trent is still very handsome with his silver hair.
Brance and I finally went to the grocery store last night. I bought a soup cookbook a while back and thought that I would try to make soups this week. Brance and I made Pizza Soup last night. It had a pretty good taste but we aren't ones for leftovers. Annie and I ate it tonight and there is still a lot left so I'll take it to the preschool tomorrow for some of the girls to eat.
Did you see where Colin Powell supports Obama? I'm a little surprised that Powell would endorse any candidate especially after working in the Bush administration. Maybe its a black thing? Oh was that racial? Oprah hasn't endorsed any candidate until Obama so that makes us racial by saying something like that. Did I share with you that my friend Kelly in Jacksonville told me Friday that her 3rd grade son was sent home from school at 2:30 pm, (he had been there all day) for wearing a McCain t-shirt. The shirt said Drill Here, Drill Now, McCain-Palin. Apparently Kelly and Lawson's 2 pm class teacher had words a few days ago, so when the school secretary called she told Kelly Lawson's shirt was causing too much controversy. The principal was out of the office for the afternoon. She expects the principal will call her tomorrow morning.
Did you watch Sarah Palin on SNL last night? 14-17 million views the largest in 14 years. If I didn't email you the clip you can see it on youtube. I've been watching Mike Huckabee on Fox News at 8 pm, Saturday and Sunday. Last night he had Joe the Plumber and Aaron Tippon. My church does a trunk or treat on Halloween. Brance said a few weeks ago that he wanted to be a plumber, now that Joe is a household name, Brance is going as Joe the Plumber. Mom got Ricky a John McCain mask. Won't they look cute!
I need to get the kids ready for bed so that I can watch Huckabee.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
I am blogging two days in a row
Posted by Melissa at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment