It started raining sometime during the night and it continues to pour, we are so glad. I went to Cartersville to see Papa yesterday, he perked right up when I walked in. I went home with Grandma to spend the night. We got the entire house cleaned because you know if the rapture takes place and her kitchen hasn't been mopped she won't go to Heaven. I swept and vacuumed and she went behind me to mop. It was very sad spending the night without Papa there but I always enjoy spending the night at her house. This morning Papa seemed 100% better than yesterday. The social services lady called tonight to say that they would most likely move Papa tomorrow into a rehab facility in Marietta. Of course Gma is having a total breakdown because she doesn't think he is well enough to be moved. We will see what happens. It is 64 miles to the hospital from my house. It was raining so hard today that it took me two hours to get home.
The rain is great and its already dark outside. It wouldn't take much for me to go to bed really early. I slept pretty good last night. I kept hearing something on the roof and it took me a while to figure out the acorns were hitting the roof when the wind was blowing. I'm positive I remember staying awake all night long as a little girl over the same noise thinking that somebody was going to get me. My grandparents have 1 million clocks in the house, I'm not making that up, Michelle would probably tell you my number is off that is it more like 2 million clocks. When Michelle spends the night Papa stops all the clocks so she doesn't hear them. Last night I didn't hear any clocks, not even the two coo-coo clocks because Papa hasn't wound them up. I wanted too but Gma thought I would not do it right.
I didn't watch the political debate because I am over the political debate. My mind is made up, I'm voting for the hottie and the old guy! It's almost time for Shepard Smith, I haven't watched him in two nights. The kids are downstairs with Ricky and haven't noticed that I am upstairs alone. How lucky am I? I need to return a call to my friend Aunt Gayle, her husband got the condo for us this weekend, we are going to Pigeon Forge, you know I haven't been in four whole weeks.
Don't miss the glory...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
How bout some rain?
Posted by Melissa at 6:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What I would do to hear the damn coo coo clock right this minute!
"if the rapture takes place and her kitchen hasn't been mopped she won't go to Heaven"
That made me laugh SO HARD when I read it. Aunt Modean is so funny about that kind of stuff. Ha! I'm glad Uncle Earl is doing better now -- grandma keeps me updated on what's going on usually.
-- Cousin Kel
Post a Comment