We are leaving in the morning for Pigeon Forge and Ricky is going with us. Hard to believe I know, he went to Disney with us last September, to Pigeon Forge with us in January and now going with us this weekend. WOW! We are almost like a real family. There is a big archery tournament in Gainesville, Florida in February that he wants to go to and I want to go to Orlando in February so by going with us this weekend he won't feel obligated to go with us to Orlando and he will feel good about the archery tournament with his boyfriends. He is in a lot of back trouble. I think you all know about the degenerative disk disease. He has been great since March 2006. Last Thursday he stepped out of his work truck and his back caught some weird way. He has limped around all week but managed to go hunting tonight. I made him an appointment with his back doctor for Monday morning. Back surgery is still not an option Ricky is willing to talk about. He won't take anything stronger for pain than Motrin. He says he too young for narcotics and too young for back surgery not to be successful. I have to support his decision. However, the kids and I don't allow him to complain about his back if he isn't willing to do something about it.
My papa was moved today to a rehab facility in Marietta. My gma isn't handling this very well. They have been married 68 years this November so I can't imagine how she feels not having him with her everyday. I don't want to get into that again today.
Mom offered to keep Beulah while we are gone. Beulah is such a sweet girl but she terrorizes mom's dog Minnie. She doesn't want Minnie to get between her and mom. Beulah sleeps on one side of mom and Minnie on the other. During the night Beulah raises her head and growls at Minnie and makes this weird noise at her like she is trying to say something.
Well that's all for now, hopefully we will have something fun to share on Sunday night!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Fall Break has begun!
Posted by Melissa at 7:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment