BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Up the Creek without my Paddle...

So I told you Brance had a staff infection. Thursday he was hurting down his leg and up his back so we went to Urgent Care. They gave him two shots in the wound before cutting it open. Now I don't get grossed out about anything but this was so gross I thought I would throw up! Brance has a hole about the size of a quarter and the doctor dug down about an inch to clean this infection out. Brance is in such pain and I'm trying to comfort him and not throw up. I could not believe how gross this is. The nurse barely covered the wound so that was driving him crazy, when we got home I had to redo the bandage, at this point it was just a barely bleeding so I could handle it. I'm thinking the worst is over its going to be a lot better. I'm getting ready for work Friday morning and Brance tells me he thinks his bandage is leaking will I check it. When I go to check it, it is leaking and all over the place. When I pull the bandage off it looks like a volcano erupting oddles of puss and blood. I'm trying so hard to hold myself together but Brance can hear me gagging. He says mom stop, go get the camera so I can see it. Are we a weird lot or what? I take a picture and hand him the camera and he says yuck, hurry up and get it covered that's disgusting. Really, you think so, you should have it in your face! Anyway, he is feeling much, much better but we had to go back to have it cleaned again last night. The doctor said he will see us every day to clean it until its completely gone. This could take weeks! And the Urgent Care is in Gainesville so it takes about 30 minutes to get there.

My head has hurt all week, I'm convinced its probably strep but I don't have time to fool with myself when I have staff infection kid to care for. This morning we have play practice at church at 9 am. I wake up with my eyes stuck together from what it obviously PINK EYE! What the heck? I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do and my house is a total dissaster. Talk about being up the creek without a paddle. We have Christmas at my aunts tomorrow and James Brian in coming home with me and I still have to get Brance's room spotless and his wound cleaned out after church before we go to Acworth! HELP!

We had Ricky's work Christmas Dinner last night. We couldn't stay long because Brance called and wanted me to come home to take care of him, he wouldn't let my mom do it although she offered. Oh my gosh, its 7:30 am and I have to leave in an hour for church and I'm blogging about my troubles!

I do have pictures of the erupting volcano but they are too gross to post!

0 comments: