I'm so glad my sister keeps me up with seasonal changes. I can barely get the Christmas tree up and decorated. I'm sure if we didn't have kids, I wouldn't put up a tree. I'm done with holiday traditions and I'm sure my kids will be on Jerry Springer in a few years having problems for my lack of traditions. Well the reason is life is HARD and when traditions have to change everyone gets upset so why set your children up for disappointment. You know you do things the same way for 12 years, then your parents divorce and your 12 years of traditions just go down the drain. Or your grandparents aren't healthy so you can no longer eat Thanksgiving Dinner at their house you have to move it somewhere else. Its just not worth the headache or the heart ache. Does that make me a scrooge? Besides all the commerical hype and giving your kids more than they deserve just to keep up with someone else. What the heck? Its time we all remember Jesus is the reason for the season. I guess I should get off my soapbox now.
Last night I took mom and Darlene to Chattanooga to see Ernie Haase and Signature Sound. I drove right to the church, drove us downtown for dinner, back to the church and onto the interstate without getting confused. I did stop for gas after we left the church and I'm sure it was the worst, most unsafe place to get gas in the entire state of Tennessee. Thankful for God's protection we made it home safe. I also drove Darlene's new Flex so that was fun. I'm enjoying my Mustang but the Flex is really neat. Before the show started I was talking to Annie on the phone in the church lobby and Tim Duncan talked to Annie on the phone. He is her favorite one of the guys right now. She changes from Ernie to Tim and its been Tim for a while. After talking to him on the phone last night she continues to like him, she calls him Timmy.
I made the mistake of drinking coke with my lunch and dinner yesterday. I was so jacked up last night that I didn't go to sleep until after 1 am. I have managed about four hours of sleep in the last 48 so I really wanted to go to sleep. As usually we were all up at 5:30 am. I took a nap for a few hours later this morning and now I just feel yucky. Annie is Mary in the live nativity tonight on the square from 8-9 pm. This is way too late for us to be in town. I know that we are going to freeze. I said I would dress her like an Eskimo and the nativity crew would have to make her into Mary once she gets there. We had pretty snow flurries this morning for about an hour mixed with the rain. I hate snow and cold weather. I left my boots at the preschool so I have to pick those up on the way to town. I bought these pink snow boots last year that I love and they keep my feet warm. My coworkers make fun of them but they have cold feet and I don't.
Well I guess I should clean up the kitchen and find something to cook for supper. I have a little while before we have to brave the cold weather.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
I love the new background!
Posted by Melissa at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment