I am really on a roll! Michelle should have changed my background a long time ago. What a week, I don't know where to start. Pre-k; really packing in the paper work just before school starts, I hate this time of year. We haven't had any camp kids this week so I've had to foster Brance and Annie out to different people. You know I don't go for pushing my kids off on somebody else. They stayed with me on Monday and with Billy on Tuesday and Wednesday. They are going to Grandma Alice's tomorrow. We all three have a dentist appointment in the morning, that's $300 right out the window, Brance's has an appointment with the asthma doctor, Annie has open house, they both need hair cuts and I need to pick up a few things so they can take their lunch to school on Friday. We went to Brance's open house yesterday, I had pre-k orientation last night and tonight at work, my food program was due today that I finally took time to complete and put in the mail today and as I type this I realize I haven't begun to do payroll that's due on Friday and we have a church softball game at 6:30 tomorrow. I may get to work real early in the morning to get my day started.
In childcare we have to have a shot record (Georgia Immunization Form 3231), on file for every child within 30 days of enrolling. Its a constant battle keeping up with current, expired, missing records. Then every few years the rules change and we don't know about them so the process starts all over. Then the health department audits these records and you may or may not get in trouble. So you see where I'm going with this right? Getting parents to bring this record to you is like pulling teeth. I place more calls to parents asking for records than I walk through the door at home. In Georgia we have a system called GRITS, not the eating kind, Georgia Registry of Immunizations something, something. GRITS is available to medical personal to keep track of records for kids in the state and its finally available to public school systems. So I just thought I'd call GRITS myself and see about getting in on this also. I haven't heard anything back. Well guess who came to visit me today? Yep, Jan the GRITS lady! In less than 20 minutes I was registered and able to print records myself. I realize this isn't exciting for you but you cannot believe the joy in my life right now. I so proudly told those pre-k parents tonight that if I didn't have their childs shot record, not to worry about it, I was able to print them now.
Well I guess this is really enough for tonight. I need to get ready for bed as tomorrow will be a school night!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Three Post in Five Days?
Posted by Melissa at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment