Could I get that on a t shirt? My kids returned to school yesterday. Getting Brance and Annie ready is nothing compared to preparing myself and the center for 60 new pre-kers, 40 that have not been in childcare before. Brance is in 7th grade, Annie in 5th, her last year of elementary school. The kids had a great day. Pre-K was perfect. We had one child out of 60 that sniffed a little but NO tears! For the first time all the parents left and I didn't have to offend anyone by asking them to leave. I even knew which kids were after school care and which kids were car riders. That was a first for me as I have no organizational skills.
I didn't sleep good last night, Ricky wasn't interested in talking to me at 2:45 am, this morning so finally about 6 am he got out of the bed and went to the sofa. I met up with a few friends in town to walk. Robin and I were doing really good when Amanda showed up so we made a few laps with her then hit the trails in the park. As we were finishing up, Jaime showed up so I went two laps with her, jogging one, I made the entire lap without killing over and Jaime said I was going to fast for her! I can walk fast a lot easier than I can jog. I like walking but I don't enjoy running. Several of us at work have signed up for a 5K in two weeks that starts at 7 pm. I'm sure I'll do fine as long I can walk.
After my exercise this morning I came home and took a nap. Brance has been at Dillons for a birthday spend the night, ride your dirt bike party. He came home when I left to go to the grocery store and took and shower and went to sleep on the love seat and he is still there, two hours now. He requires a lot of sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if he is out for the rest of the night. Annie is upstairs in her room doing who knows what.
I'm sitting on the sofa with Beulah watching some Elvis special. This is the week leading up to his death anniversary on Sunday so I'm sure there will be a lot of Elvis stuff on tv. Several of my friends and I are going to Memories Theatre in Pigeon Forge on Sunday for the Elvis 68 Comeback Special. I am not and have not been an Elvis fan before. A few weeks ago Dana and I stayed at watched this Elvis show and loved it. It was so unlike anything I have ever watched. I'm even skipping out on church to go. I think there are tickets still available if you want to check it out.
Well I guess that's enough for now.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
I Survived the First Day of Pre-K
Posted by Melissa at 6:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment