The kids and I left on Wednesday for Perry, Ricky came down on Thursday. The kids played at Michelle's house and I just sat at the dealership with Michelle and Daddy for two days. It was a little odd without Ricky there. I don't usually sleep very well the first night or two that I'm away from home but this time I stayed at dad's house. The train tracks are about 1/4 of a mile away and the train runs every 45 minutes! The conductor blows the horn every 45 minutes also. I'm sure he blows the horn for about a mile. I'm not sure why, if I was the conductor I'm sure I would wake up as many people as possible too. The train sounds so lonely to me. So if that wasn't enough they have this pretty decorative pond in the back year that is a breeding ground for every frog in Middle Georgia. All night and all day you hear the frogs making noise. It drove me crazy. When I finally walked out there yesterday they stopped. When I walked away they started again. Bunch of stupid frogs! Annie and I left early yesterday for Friday night grandma sit. At least there I sleep pretty good. Of course I sleep better alone but I had Annie's hot, 100 degree body beside me. She will sure keep your warm on a cold night.
Now we are home and waiting for Ricky and Brance to get here. They left Perry sometime this morning to come home. Daddy and Margarett left for Eric's yesterday so Ricky and Brance just stayed at their house anyway.
I cooked some soup for lunch and I know I must grocery shop today but I'm hoping when Ricky gets home I can take a little nap. Beulah spent the last two nights at momma's house so she is back home and pacing around waiting for someone to lie down with her in the bed.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Three days and 500 miles...
Posted by Melissa at 2:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment