Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankfully for a lot of things. First that I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! Second I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband and third Annie isn't a twin!
Annie and I started the day with a Turkey Trot in Canton. We went to do the 1k, which was a one mile once we got there, that's okay we can handle it. Also the ad for the run said it was a long sleeve shirt and it wasn't! I complained but it didn't do any good. It was so cold Annie got upset because she couldn't control her breathing. The cold air in my lungs was miserable so I know she was miserable and our feet and hands were numb. Not much fun at all. After we were finished I realized that my car key had fallen out. I took my key off the ring and left everything else in the car. I walked around the track again looking for my key and couldn't find it. I borrowed someones cell phone to call my mom and beg her to go to my house and get the second key. I finally decided to walk back to the registration desk in hopes of getting out of the cold when the man working the clock told me someone had turned my key in! Thank you Jesus. I am very proud of myself that I didn't get mad or upset for losing the key. Annie was sweet and said its okay momma if you need to say ugly words. I didn't. I did say, okay Lord I'm listening. Then I had to explain to Annie the story of Jonah and if he would have just listened to God he wouldn't have ended up in the whale. Anytime I get held up for some unknown reason, I immediately tell God He has my attention. Last year on my way to the elementary school in the bus for pick up, there was a car wreck that closed the road and I had to drive all the way to Dawsonville and back around to get to the school. Once I turned the bus around I said okay Lord, I'm listening. I had another employee riding the bus with me and she just laughed at me.
After the race, we went to KMart, my favorite store, got gas and then to my Aunt Peggy's. Michelle and I went with our cousin Keith to Walgreens and I got a few gifts for my little nephews!
Annie rode home with mom and I went to Old Navy. I love shopping on Thanksgiving Day. While I was in Old Navy, I saw a neighbor from my street in Woodstock. She gave me her email so I can get in touch with a few of the boys we played with as kids. Annie has just got home and isn't far from going to sleep. We both were awake about 5 am. Regardless when I go to sleep I always wake up around 5 am. I just wish I had the desire to exercise that early.
Its cold tonight. I actually put my heat on 65 degrees, you know I keep it on 62 degrees. That's a big deal for me.
Well there really isn't any reason to rattle on any longer. For the third night, Annie and I are piled on the sofa watching movies like a bunch of lazy bums! I love it!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Gobble to you Wobble...
Posted by Melissa at 7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment