BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus!

We have finally made it to Christmas Day! What a week we have had. Saturday we went to Perry for the Morris Family Christmas. I had the best time with the entire group ever. Breana, Eric's oldest didn't get to come and we really missed getting to see her. My nieces and nephews call me Lissy but Breana calls me Aunt Melissa and oddly, I like it! I finally got to see Jacob again. I haven't seen him since he was born and let me tell you I am ga-ga over him. He is beautiful. All the kids; Cydney, Grayson, Jacob, Lyndsey, Kailey, Hayden, Breana and Walker are a lot of fun. Walker and Hayden with their little selves are just the cutest thing you have ever seen. Walker has the vocabulary of an adult and Hayden looks like a little college guy. Michelle took a lot of pictures that she is suppose to send to me so that I can post them.

Sunday Annie had the Christmas Program at church, she was Mary and had a bible verse she memorized and said really clearly and loud. After that we went to Grandma's house. Our first Christmas without Papa. We had a nice day. All the cousins got along much better than usual. We also brought wood in for Grandma. Papa would have really enjoyed seeing us do that. We got home pretty late Sunday. Oh, I just that I was ga-ga over Jacob until he was at Grandmas. He went to sleep in my lap and slept there for a little while. Needless to say I am now totally over the moon for him.

I worked both Monday and Tuesday. Ricky has the week off. Wednesday night we went to Christmas Eve service at our church then to Ricky's brothers house. His name is Vernon but my kids and I call him Bubba. It began as a joke and it just stuck. Ricky's dad says is sounds like a black boy. Rickys brother and sister with their families all came, Blake the oldest nephew brought a girlfriend. Rickys mom and dad are divorced and they both came. Before we left for home Tammy took some pictures of all the kids and I got her to take a picture of Rickys parents with his siblings. The last time a family picture was taken was sometime in the 70's! Tammy is going to copy them on a cd for me so I can post them.

I have a New Year's Resolution that I think will be pretty easy to keep. After the New Year I am going to change my blog page. My friend Nicole changes hers according the season and I just haven't figured that out yet. Michelle says if I change my page I will lose all my pictures and right now I don't have new ones to post until I get those from Michelle and Tammy.

We have been up since 5:30 this morning. I did try to lie down for a little while but you can't sleep in this house with everybody yelling my name. Ricky has snoozed on the sofa all day. I have picked up wrapping paper and packing and have it all in boxes waiting for Ricky to take out. Can you believe it is Christmas and more than 60 degrees outside.

I had such a great time in Perry that I am hoping I can get all the big kids together this summer for a few days so that we don't have to wait until Christmas to see one another again.

That's enough for now, Annie and Brance got laptops for Christmas and I'm playing on hers and she is ready to have it back.

Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for blogging. You failed to mention that you and I spent two days together without fussing! It was fun with everyone. I know Jacob is a doll but he loves me the bestest! He told me today! HA! Your my favorite sister, though!