BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just sitting down for a second...

What a weird weekend, Ricky didn't feel good yesterday so he just layed around all day, this is very unusal for him. I met Robin before 7 am in town, we walked a mile and a half then played tennis for a few minutes. I stopped to get Ricky and the kids a biscuit but I didn't get one for myself. I lolly gagged around most of the day, I don't think I accomplished anything. I finally got up and went to the grocery store, I got so aggrivate at the price of food and staple items that I only spent $100 and came home. I decided that Ricky and I must start growing our on food, not a problem for him but a big problem for me and butchering all of our on meat. He and the kids will cook deer meat and eat it all the time, I just can't stand the thought of it, this year I'm rethinking a little venison in my meals.

After church today Dana went with the kids and I to BJ's, Target, Dicks and Old Navy. You can't buy too many things when your driving a Mustang. Its like driving the bug, I'm suprised at what fits. Dicks had a lot of summer things on clearance, I got Annie a tennis skirt and top for less than $20. Of course I bought myself a few things too.

Michelle's oldest daughter, Cydney, her softball team made it to the world series in South Carolina the last weekend of the month. The younger girl, Grayce, didn't make it this year. Grayce has made it the last two years, this is a first for Cydney so we are really excited for her. They left this afternoon for the beach for a few days before softball continues and school returns. I'm glad Cyd's team made it but sad I can't go to the beach with my sister for a few days. I told her I would wait until Thanksgiving to go with her. My kids are out the entire week so hopefully I can take off a few days and go to PCB, two years ago we went for Thanksgiving and it was 73 degrees on Thanksgiving Day. Brance and Annie and I had to go to Wal Mart to buy clothes to wear on the beach. The kids are happy just to walk along the beach and not swim. The condo's pool is too cold to swim in, the wind gust freeze me to death.

I am meeting Robin at 7:30 for tennis. If I could play a few days each week I would enjoy it a lot more.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could legitimately make a living off of it, I would totally grow my own food and farm some land. I miss the gardens my parents and grandparents used to have. I'm trying to talk my brother into starting one at mom and dad's again though.

-- Cousin Kel