BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

To Market To Market to Buy A Fat Pig...

We have all the pig we can handle! Brance killed a pig last Saturday so we have cooked, dehydrated, jerkyed you name it, we have done it this week! My house smells like the huddle house with a little added spice. Last night when I opened the door to let Beulah out a large buck was standing on the hill watching me. They really give me the creeps! I told Ricky the buck was out there but he didn't move quick enough to see it before it started running. Then he asks me all kinds of questions about it for thirty minutes. Thursday night Annie had a program at school on the way home it was so foggy I couldn't see anything. I did see a deer on the side of the road so I stopped before it could hit us. Annie saw it running and started screaming at me not to hit it. I didn't want to hit it but I wasn't going to swerve to miss it either. She finally quit screaming and told me I was trying to kill it. She said it was only trying to get home to its deer family and I was trying to run over it. Where the heck does she come up with this stuff? I'm so tired of seeing deer on the side of the road dead, they are in my driveway when I let the dog out 99% of the time and it scares me when I walk out and they are standing there. I wish they would increase deer hunting season and the number you can kill.

We have had a long, busy week. Darlene and I met with an attorney on Tuesday about an unemployment dispute with a past employee. After one appeal he has now taking the case over. The girl left willingly for maternity leave and decided not to come back, we didn't lay her off. Would you believe she qualifies to draw unemployment? up to $3200. She only worked for us for eight months. This isn't Republican economics, this is just crap with our government.

Brance and Annie have decided that they want three presents for Christmas. They say that Jesus only had three gifts so that's fine with them. YIPPY! Do you know how easy this will be for me. Three gifts, plus one Santa present. At my house Santa only brings one thing. He isn't getting the credit for everything else. I have bought things all year long for the three little boys, JB, Hayden and Walker when I see a really good deal. Now I have Jacob to add and believe it or not I actually have a few things for him too! I tried to use my debit card yesterday and it was declined. That happens frequently during the holidays. I have money in the bank and it is really embarressing because I don't carry a check book or much cash. Ricky told me to cash out some money from savings to use for the items I plan to buy in the next few weeks. At least I won't get cut off with my debit card. My bank has a daily limit on debit cards as well as daily transaction limits. In other words if it had abnormal activity, they place a hold on it. I guess that's a good thing for me, except I don't keep much money in my checking account. We only put in checking what we need and anything else goes to other accounts that are not linked to my checking account. A theif wouldn't get too far with my checking account or my debit card number.

Well I need to get busy. Our house looks like a garbage truck broke down in the living room. I have spent two hours this week working in the bonus room trying to seperate trash from donation items. It still looks pretty bad but I can see a difference.

1 comments:

$Cyd$ said...

he was.
but now we are back together so its all good.
ha